Dental Implants in Memphis, TN
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are essentially artificial teeth that are used to replace missing teeth in order to regain function and prevent bone loss and infection. Additionally, dental implants are great for those who are self-conscious about their smile following extraction or tooth loss. With dental implants, we can both enhance your smile’s natural beauty and protect your health.
Request a Consultation
How do dental implants work?
Dental implants are placed in the bone, in the same area where the toot root once was. Once the dental implant and bone have fused together, an abutment and crown are attached to the dental implant. The fusing, or integration process, takes anywhere from four to six months. After the abutment and tooth are placed on the dental implant it will appear and function like any other tooth.
Are dental implants painful?
During the implant placement, anesthesia is used, so you shouldn’t feel any pain, but as with any dental procedure, dental implant treatment can lead to soreness and sensitivity for a short time after the procedure.
Where can I get dental implants in Memphis?
Protecting the health of our patients is at the core of our mission at Memphis Center for Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Miles Moore is a trusted and experienced dentist with extensive training in dental implant treatment. If you’re wanting the best tooth replacement option or ready to enhance the appearance of your smile, request an appointment with Dr. Moore and the team at Memphis Center for Cosmetic Dentistry today.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants varies by patient. The need for bone grafting, which is determined by your existing bone structure and the number of implants needed will influence the dental implant cost.
OUR FINANCIAL OPTIONS
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth, and because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Request a Consultation