What are dentures?
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues that allows you to enjoy the smile you are proud to show off. Losing your teeth, whether from tooth decay, injury, gum disease or other oral issue, can be deflating. That’s why dentures are a wonderful alternative.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Types of Dentures
Dentures should not change your appearance much as they are made to closely resemble your natural look. These dentures exist in one of three forms:
- Conventional Dentures - These dentures are the ones we most often hear about. Users place this fully removable, complete denture in their mouths once all remaining teeth are removed and tissues are healed.
- Immediate Dentures - These complete dentures are placed in your mouth on the same day your remaining teeth are taken out. Dr. Moore and his team will take measurements of your teeth during an earlier visit so that model replicas of your teeth are ready to be worn during the healing period.
- Overdentures - These partial dentures are used when some of your original teeth remain in the mouth to provide support and stability. This type of denture also helps preserve the jawbone.
What is the process for dentures?
Depending on the type of dentures you will be getting, the process for dentures may look a little different from one patient to the next. However, there are 4 basic steps to every patient’s denture journey.
- Denture consultation: During your first consultation with our team, we will evaluate your teeth and determine which type of dentures will work best for you. We will also examine your overall oral health to look for signs of decay, infection or other potential issues that could affect your dentures. This consultation will get you on the right path to set up appointments for any dental work or extraction you may need completed before receiving dentures for the first time.
- Denture formation: After your consultation, you are ready to begin your denture journey. Our team will help take molds of your teeth for impressions that will be used to make your brand new dentures.
- Denture fitting: Once your dentures are complete, we will contact you to come visit our office for a denture fitting. During this consultation, our team will make sure your dentures fit properly in your mouth without any issues or pain.
- Denture adaptation: As with any new dental equipment, it may take some time to get used to your new dentures. However, our team is here to help make sure your dentures are everything you wished for. We can answer any questions you may have regarding how to clean and care for your dentures.
How much do dentures cost?
Though dentures are a financial investment, it’s important to remember that our oral health is an important part of our daily lives. Whether you need conventional dentures or partial dentures, your investment will serve you well in the long run. We provide our patients with a variety of financial options to help finance your dentures. Let us know how we can help you get started today.
OUR FINANCIAL OPTIONS
Dentures in Memphis, TN
Dr. Moore and his team are well versed in the denture field and have guided many patients through the process. Giving you a new, comfortable smile is our goal. We want to see that confident you again. If you are considering dentures or think you may be in need, request a visit with us.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION